Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New States, New stations..

Lately I have found myself empty,
like a large hall,
nothing within, only the dust
motes drifting gently in the slanting
rays of the sun.

Quiet beyond quiet,
an endless rhapsody of the sighing
winds.

No busy-ness intrudes here,
no agendas,
things to do,
not even the faint incandescent
hum of lights.

The sun suffices till dark
gathers me in, and I
set there in such a place,
and remember Who it was
that placed life within me.

I become the darkness,
boundaries blur and wink out..
and I have no
fear of this nothingness,
it is the place where dwells
The Infinite Beloved,
and I must go without anything
to enter God's Beingness.

My feet still walk the pavements,
I eat and sleep, sing and pray,
laugh and cry,
live my life, but if you were to
knock,
there would be no one home.

There is no fear,
at last.

(C) TF 15sept2010

No comments: